How Serious is Child Gaming Addiction?
Do children get addicted to online games and the internet? Why does this happen? What can be done to prevent it? Or how can we free children from gaming addiction? How addicted are our children to games? How to stop child gaming addiction? Let’s examine what addiction is before answering the question. Most frequently, the news reports that children and teenagers are addicted to various kinds of addictions. Despite the fact that we speak a lot about many addictions such as food, sex, shopping, movies, work, love affairs, the internet, games, serials, and computers, gaming and gambling are the only two addictions that a medical practitioner has identified in all senses. Several other addictions are still being researched or learned so they cannot be included on this list. It is important to evaluate some factors if you suspect a person is addicted to gambling or gaming, or if you suspect an internet addiction and online activities. Individuals’ heredity, personality, the motivation that led to this addiction, the presence of other mental illnesses, as well as their socio-economic environment and family background influence their behavioral patterns. Ninety percent of behavioral addictions are hereditary. In addition, certain mental illnesses are present in a very high percentage of addicts.
Online Games and Social Media: Blessing or Curse
There is a certain amount of good and blessing in playing online games, surfing the internet, and using social media. There is nothing wrong with that. The modern era is characterized by the internet and social media. With the invention of the internet, science is influencing virtually every aspect of modern life. Human happiness and comfort have greatly increased because of it. However, this is only one side of the story. Nectar can also be poisonous in excess. Even though it has sometimes proved to be a blessing, it has occasionally proved to be a curse too. As a matter of fact, there is nothing wrong with the internet, online games, or social media. In the same way as other games, online games are effective for relaxation and intelligence. But do not become addicted to it.
What are the Signs that Someone is Addicted to a Game?
Monitoring the interruption of daily activities due to addictions is the first step. Take a look at their work, relationships, studies, food, sleep, and relationships with people in the community. Check if the addiction is causing any interruptions. Identifying gaming addiction quickly can be accomplished by observing an individual’s behavior if they show the following symptoms consistently. Spending too much time on online games every day can result in decreased learning ability, concentration issues, poor academic performance, and decreased social interaction.
Signs Your Child is Addicted to Videogames
· A lot or all of the time is spent playing games.
· Always thinking about games.
· Always keep these actions in mind, and above all, emphasize them.
· Whenever they are unable to play, they feel bad.
· Spending more and more time playing to feel better.
· Being unable to stop or even play less.
· Not wanting to do other things that they enjoyed before.
· sleep while reading a textbook, however, sitting and watching the screen for as long as they like.
· Learning disabilities, lack of interest, etc., in children.
- Having no interest in learning
- Facing problems at school, work, or home because of their gaming.
- These are just a few of the first symptoms.
- A little more risk is involved in the next step, in which children could become violent if they’re told not to play.
- Failures in personal relationships or at work.
- Disinterest in what has been done in the past.
- Stealing, lying, quarreling, etc.
- These are often for money and time spent on addictions
- A change in a person’s mood when immersed in an addiction.
Can banning the game solve the problem? Continue reading
You might also like:
There is no time like the present