What is addiction?
Addiction to drugs is just like slavery. It is also intoxicating, whether it is alcohol or drugs. Addiction is defined as a behavior that is difficult to stop or control. It is the urge to do something that is hard to control or stop; it is hard to overcome. When you use cigarettes, alcohol, or drugs like marijuana, cocaine, or heroin, you will become addicted to them. You could be seriously hurt, even killed, by them. Substance use disorder, also known as drug addiction, affects a person’s brain and behavior and results in an inability to control their drug use. The drugs category also includes substances such as alcohol, marijuana, and nicotine. Drug use robs a man of all decency without a doubt. As a result, he starts to mistreat others and become quarrelsome. Using drugs is actually a great evil. It offers no benefits. In fact, it only makes a person lazy and worsens their health. Drugs and alcohol are the two arms of the devil with which he attacks his helpless victims.
Drug Addiction: how, why, and when it happens
What makes someone addicted to drugs? Drug addiction is common in our society for known and unknown reasons. People are not born with bad habits like smoking, drinking, or using drugs. He later takes up smoking, drinking, and using drugs due to the influence of his friends. Once one becomes addicted to a bad habit, it becomes too late to change it. Does intoxication really make them feel good? Are they really happy when they are intoxicated? Drug addicts think they can drown out their worries by taking drugs, but in reality, drugs cannot solve any problem. Not only will no problems be solved, but all of them will worsen. When addicted to drugs, one becomes unprincipled and characterless. When this happens, he disregards the welfare of his family. Addiction to drugs destroys the peace in the family. The prevalence of drug addiction, especially among workers and those from poorer sections of society, is extremely high. Most workers cannot afford enough food for their families. It is certain that his family will go hungry if he starts spending this on drugs.
Drug addiction can be caused by a variety of factors. There is a great deal of misinformation about drug addiction. Let us start with the family background.
- Traumatic experiences during childhood, such as abuse or neglect.
- Abuse of either the body or the mind.
- Family history of addiction (e.g., other relatives struggle with addiction)
- Addiction is not only genetic but also influenced by one’s environment.
- Alcohol or other drugs consumed during pregnancy.
- Compatibility problems in marriage.
- Extramarital affairs are a problem for some people.
- Poverty and the psychological consequences that it brings.
- Adolescence without parental monitoring or supervision.
- Stress over not getting a good job despite being educated.
- The influence of peers using drugs, or peer pressure from friends and social circles.
- Various mental health disorders, including depression and anxiety.
- Drug abuse is said to be a problem among students in hostels.
- Families cannot control them because they are away from them.
- Gangs dealing with various kinds of drugs are everywhere in every city and in every village.
- There is another group of unfortunate individuals who unknowingly become victims of it.
- Drugs are sometimes used as a fun activity with friends, but eventually, people become dependent on them.
- However, they gradually become addicted.
The changes that occur in a person who is addicted to drugs
An individual who takes a drug unknowingly or knowingly will become addicted to it. Their next move is unknown. It is unclear what they will do next. Because they will do anything. Are they sensible? The addicted person turns into an animal. Afterward, he pursues all forms of animal behavior. Animals do not tolerate hearing this. Because the actions of a drug addict are not beastly but satanic. If the animals were able to go to court, they would file a lawsuit. It is only for food or for survival that animals attack their companions or humans, or when they are scared. Nevertheless, a drug addict’s condition is horrific and extremely pitiful. Drug addicts forget the distinctions between their spouses, daughters, mothers, and sisters. Continue reading